Exterior Paint Provides Beautiful Protection
Has your exterior paint expired? The amount of time it takes for exterior paint to need replacement depends on various factors. If a poor quality exterior paint was used previously, it could be just another five years or less before another is needed. Even if you bought the best exterior paint available, the time comes when a new exterior paint job is needed. What’s great about all of the expense and potential hassles involved with painting your home’s exterior is that the investment provides many benefits.
Time to Beautify
It would be a lot easier to identify whether or not it’s time for a new exterior paint job if your next-door neighbors painted their home. Their nearby fresh coat of paint would naturally put the spotlight on the faded quality of yours. There could be a lot more important reasons for painting than keeping up with the Joneses or (if you are selling) improving the chances that your exterior will attract buyers, however. It is not uncommon for wood rot to develop on various parts of the home, such as around windows and eaves. It can be tough to predict where problems will occur, and it can save you a lot of money to carefully inspect your entire exterior annually.
Additional Benefits of Exterior House Painting
Once you’ve determined that it is indeed the time to paint your home’s exterior, we recommend focusing on the many benefits it will provide, including the following:
- The paint on your exterior trim, walls, and other surfaces will protect your home from extreme weather and excessive moisture, which can lead to wood rot and other damage.
- If your home has permanent marks or stains that are putting a blemish on the looks of your home, exterior paint can usually cover them.
- A great way to give your home a high-impact make-over is with a high-quality paint job, particularly if you carefully select paint colors that create the whole new look you’re going for. Giving your home a beautiful exterior paint job is a money-saving option, especially as compared to making structural modifications.
- The overall real estate value of your home is increased with a fresh exterior paint job, though an interior paint job may be just as important for that purpose.
- Depending on where you live and the type of walls you have, the next benefit could be a huge one. Exterior paint can keep dirt and dust to a minimum, especially in homes that have plaster walls. The paint can literally keep dust at bay, partly because it keeps plaster in check.
- Paint provides an overall seal for your home which even helps to keep out insects, in addition to rain.
- Fine curb appeal can be a source of daily pleasure, even if you don’t plan to sell your home.
Keep in mind that when your paint is peeling and chipping, you can be sure that at least some of the above-named benefits are currently not being provided to your household. Contact our paint professionals today for help choosing a high-quality paint and to schedule a beautiful professional paint job that will last.
Franklin Painting LLC – Call us Toll Free at 877-646-7774
or at our main office number 860-678-7701
160 Brickyard Road, Farmington, CT 06032