Tips for Choosing Foolproof Interior Paint Colors
Are you preparing to invest in new interior paint? There are virtually foolproof steps that can be taken to ensure that you choose paint colors you will be happy with. Getting it wrong can result in frustration and possibly the expense of a complete do-over. Many homeowners, unfortunately, end up with interior paint colors that disappoint, although it is a preventable situation. Check out the following foolproof tips and considerations:
- Some interior design experts come up with paint combinations that they feel are modern, well-suited for all types of décor and lighting, generically pleasing, and foolproof, such as the following colors from Benjamin Moore: Chelsea Gray (HC-168), Sag Harbor Gray (HC-95), and Manchester Tan (HC-81).
- Because there are so many neutrals to choose from as well as combinations of colors, many consumers become frustrated and end up simply choosing white. But experts suggest that you can’t go wrong with a wide variety of timeless shades that work beautifully with typical furnishings. The number one neutral right now is gray; it’s contemporary and a fail-safe color choice, as long as you choose the particular hue that fits the rooms you are painting. Other popular neutrals are beiges, creams, taupes, blacks, and whites.
- Fan decks make it easy to combine shades; you will usually choose two to three colors for each room. One example of a foolproof color palette is Benjamin Moore’s Affinity Paint Colors fan deck which has colors inspired by nature. This helpful tool eliminates the possibility of mismatching your shades. Whatever combination you choose will be harmonious and sublimely balanced. There are many, many fan decks that you can choose from to take a lot of the guesswork out of your paint choices.
- The natural and artificial lighting in a room can greatly affect the way wall colors look because lighting creates dramatic changes. Experts agree that you should paint a small area with the color you are planning to go with and see how it looks at different times of the day in a 24-hour period. It’s a mistake to trust how paint colors look under the fluorescent tube lights in a hardware store because they will probably look starkly different in your home.
- Keep in mind that colors and paint types have various kinds of potential. For example, paint color can be used to hide architectural flaws, such as trim that is thicker than you like or un-centered windows. By painting each a separate color, the imperfections are highlighted. If you paint the entire room in a single shade, an overall harmonious look will be achieved; and the flaws will be obscured.
Bold colors are a great choice for spaces you want to enliven. The secret to using bold colors in a foolproof manner is to paint an accent wall with your bold color of choice and the other walls in a more sedate coordinating shade. Use the same bold color in accent pillows or other furnishings, to bring the entire room to life.
- A new color combination that has become an instant classic and a foolproof choice is to use various shades of white and gray white with deep semi-gloss black on moldings and accent doors. These color choices fit well with whatever style of décor you prefer, such as traditional, sophisticated, casual, or luxurious.
Besides coming up with the color choices that are perfect for you, another way to get an interior paint job right the first time is to hire professionals. Contact our paint professionals today for a fail-safe interior paint job.
Franklin Painting LLC – Call us Toll Free at 877-646-7774
or at our main office number 860-678-7701
160 Brickyard Road, Farmington, CT 06032