Tips for Choosing a Front Door Paint Color
Did you know that the old standard of choosing a front door paint color in basic black, green, or red is a dying tradition? People everywhere are branching out with their paint colors; they are realizing that the front door of your home is an introduction to the world inside. But perhaps the best kept secret is that you can give your entire home a fresh look by simply painting the front door an exciting new shade.
Discover the best front door paint color with your local CT professional painter.
Tips for Painting and Choosing the Perfect Shade
With the boundaries off, the possibilities for your front door paint color are virtually limitless. The following are a few guidelines to help you make a great choice that you’ll be happy with for a long time:
- Choose a color which provides a contrast with the paint colors on the rest of the house. The door should stand out and grab attention while still appearing to be harmonious with the other colors. Usually the color of the door is not used on any other part of a home’s exterior.
- Front doors are basically accent colors and as such should create a dramatic effect – usually a strong, bold shade is ideal for your front door paint color.
- Consider whether the style of the door could use added sophistication via the color or whether a more casual color would be best, to create a more welcoming entrance.
- Go on a drive in other neighborhoods and look at the doors. Figure out colors you like and don’t like.
- If you really want to step carefully into this unknown territory, enlarge a photograph of your home, cut out the door, and insert doors in a variety of colors. This way, you can feel confident about the look you’re creating with your color choice.
- When you’ve chosen your special new color and you’re ready to paint, be sure you get the job done right. The door should be cleaned and perhaps scraped and sanded. Hardware should be removed before painting. If you need primer because you’re painting a light color over a dark shade, don’t miss that step. Apply two coats as needed. For the detail work, use a brush and don’t go too heavy on the paint because it could gather in corners. Panels can be painted with a roller.
Paint Color Ideas from Benjamin Moore
If you’re interested in a unique front door paint color that has a touch of mystery, Benjamin Moore Mountain Ridge 1456 may be the perfect color to paint your front door. It’s a bold raisin color with purple, gray, and brown undertones. Stunning!
Want to make a statement with a bright jewel tone that evokes Caribbean waters? Benjamin Moore Venezuelan Sea 2054-30 is a deep blue-green that’s similar to the shade of a peacock feather. Remember to paint only the door brightly, add some plants, and enjoy your inviting new entryway.
You may be interested in choosing a red that’s got some extra kick. Benjamin Moore Moroccan Red 1309 is deep red with a touch of orange and umber, about the color of quality paprika. Give the door depth by painting three high-gloss coats over a tinted primer. Round off the look with a shiny brass doorknocker.
For a front door that evokes the best of summertime, choose Benjamin Moore Sunburst 2023-40. This lemon yellow shade will add brightness and warmth, especially if your porch is adorned with flowers and greenery.
For guidance in choosing the best front door paint color for your home, speak with the professional painting color experts in CT, Franklin Painting.
Franklin Painting LLC – Call us Toll Free at 877-646-7774
or at our main office number 860-678-7701
2 Eastview Drive, Farmington, CT 06032