Paint your Most Forgettable Room an Unforgettable Shade
Your laundry room doesn’t have to be a dreaded space that is as unappealing as faded whites. Since it is a part of the home which serves a useful purpose, why not give it a meaningful makeover with paint so that you enjoy doing potentially mundane chores? Paint, along with harmonizing decorative touches, could transform the washroom; and you could also focus on making the most of functionality.
Before you consider all of the exciting possibilities of painting the walls of the laundry room, start by figuring out new ways to make good use of the space. Dealing with all aspects of the laundry right there in the washroom could save a lot of time and frustration. Would it be helpful to add more shelving, a fold-out ironing board or folding table, or a rack for hangers? There is definite eye appeal when a small space displays elements of excellent organization. And when everything you need for doing the laundry is handy and kept in a pleasant space, it makes your life easier.
Consider adding additional features to your washroom that will make doing the laundry even more convenient. Is there a small space that you could use as a built-in desk? Make it a charging station for cell phones, and include a radio or small television to enjoy while you do the laundry. The desk could even be a place where a child does homework as you wash, dry, fold, and hang clothes and linens.
Other potential uses of a laundry room include:
- Storage for pet supplies
- A utility sink could be used to bathe pets
- Storage of winter clothing and sports equipment.
There is a lot of potential in your laundry room but perhaps none as great as the mood you create with paint. The possibilities are limitless. Start by deciding how you want the space to make you feel. Keep in mind that achieving a monochromatic look in which the floor and walls blend will give the room a larger appearance.
- If you would like to enjoy a taste of elegance, the right combination of paint color, counter design, and décor can achieve that. Are there hints of gray in the countertop? Gray is strongly trending right now, and it would look outstanding on the walls, whether your appliances are black or white. Among Benjamin Moore’s favorite gray hues is “Kendall charcoal” (HC-166), which is a versatile neutral that is deep, rich, and luxurious. The color pops when coupled with crisp white trim and room accents.
- Are you more inspired by the colors in seascapes? Paint your laundry room with coastal colors of soft greens and blues. Benjamin Moore’s sky blue called “Daydream” (CSP-814) and stunning teal blue shade “Adriatic Sea” (CSP-660) would make a visit to the laundry room a lot less of a chore.
- Your heart’s desire may be to have a saturated shade of pink that could infuse your washroom with an exciting pop of energy and color, in which case you may choose to paint your laundry room with Benjamin Moore’s “Crushed Berries” (2076-30). If you offset the pink with aforementioned Kendall charcoal, your laundry room could be the perfect blend of elegance and pizzazz.
Are you ready to paint your formerly most forgettable room an unforgettable shade? Contact our paint professionals for help in choosing the right type of paint and for a paint job that further elevates the potential of your washroom.
Franklin Painting LLC – Call us Toll Free at 877-646-7774
or at our main office number 860-678-7701
160 Brickyard Road, Farmington, CT 06032