Completely Transform Your Interior With a New Theme
Once you decide to make a change to your interior, why not go all out and make your home even more a joy to return to than it is now? It’s easier than ever to put all of your creativity behind a project. Paint colors come in a seemingly endless variety and can be elegant, exciting, cheerful, romantic, bold, traditional, and much more. You can also add dimension with numerous kinds of faux looks, such as stone, crackle and aging, and metallic.
Think about the fact that your home is unlike any place on earth because it’s your own private world where you can choose to create any mood or style that you want, something you can achieve even with a limited budget. No need to engage in world-building, as science fiction enthusiasts like to do. You can pull inspiration from other places and then tweak the interior design to your particular tastes.
It could make a person dizzy trying to choose an interior paint color and style because there are just so many. The entire process of renewing your interior look is made simpler by honing in on atmospheres you find yourself drawn to. You don’t have to transform your entire house, by the way. It may work better for you to start with one room and work from there.
There are a few questions you could ask yourself, to determine the ideal ambiance that may be perfect for you to create in your home:
- Is there a place you’ve visited that you never wanted to leave, partly because you loved the overall design theme, such as Tuscany, New Mexico, or Japan?
- Is there a place you’ve always longed to go to, and you find design pieces representative of that locale to be especially appealing?
- Do you have a hobby or interest which could be translated into a design color and/or theme?
- Is there a time in history which has always captivated your interest?
Once you’ve chosen your desired theme, it becomes simpler to make decisions about color and style. For an example, let’s say that you’ve chosen to recreate a theme of ancient Rome in your living room. The following information and tips can help you decide on specific colors and designs to transform your room into a remnant of ancient Rome:
- The City of Pompeii was amazingly preserved under volcanic ash for hundreds of years and, when unearthed, provided a first-hand look at ancient Roman décor. The design involves striking contrasts, such as the hardness of marble or concrete combined with rich, lavish fabrics.
- The colors used in this bygone era were soft, earthy tones along with touches of dramatic, bold color.
- Neutral colors were popular in that they conveyed a reverence for nature.
- Contrasts in color were also popular in early Roman times. Favorite colors were cobalt blue, bright yellow, and vermilion, which is a shade of bright red. Especially popular was the combination of vermilion and black.
- Romans famously had paintings added directly to their walls. A realistic scene might be added to a wall and then buffed with sandpaper, so that it looked like weathered fresco.
- Large blocks of color can also create a Roman effect.
- Create a look of finished concrete by applying drywall mud with a skip-trowel technique or with a sponge painting technique.
Our paint professionals specialize in the application of faux finishes, as well. Contact us for assistance creating a whole new and exciting atmosphere in your home.
Franklin Painting LLC – Call us Toll Free at 877-646-7774
or at our main office number 860-678-7701
2 Eastview Drive, Farmington, CT 06032