Picking a Perfect Paint Color for Your Mudroom
For a while, mudrooms were frequently left out of home design because of the trend of creating large open spaces. As often happens with style, mudrooms are back in popular demand. These are sensible and yet classic spaces that create the perfect buffer between being out in society and returning to your private living space. Whether your mudroom is near the garage or closer to the front door, it can provide numerous benefits. One of the best ways to elevate a mudroom is with a gorgeous, high-quality paint job.
What’s in a Paint Color?
There’s a lot more than a matter of personal taste, when it comes to the paint colors you choose for your home. Paint colors and shades elicit certain moods. This kind of knowledge can definitely enhance the enjoyment you and your family ultimately get from your freshly painted mudroom. The following are a few examples of paint colors and the emotions associated with the shades:
· Blue is a fresh color associated with sea and sky, and it evokes a sense of clarity.
· Green is also a prominent color in nature, and it represents rebirth.
· Purple could be the ideal color for your mudroom. It is the color of royalty and represents power and passion.
· Gray is practically the new white, and it communicates wisdom and longevity.
· Gold tones represent luxury, desire, wealth, and intimacy. As with the other colors, there is an exciting array of gold shades and gold tones to choose from.
Multiple Uses for a Mudroom
Your mudroom is a unique space in your home, and you can have fun with the colors, as long as a clash with surrounding rooms isn’t created. The reality is that mudrooms are often much more than places to take off dirty shoes and hang backpacks. It’s not unusual for a mudroom to serve double- or triple-duty. Additional uses for a mudroom include:
· Home office
· Laundry room
· Craft room
· Accessory organization
· Charging station
· Seating and storage area
· Storage lockers and cubbies
· Pet care station
· Communication center, where calendars, bulletin boards, and mail items are accessed
Mudroom Paint Color Ideas
The mudroom can be as beautiful as any other room in your home. A bonus feature of a mudroom is that it can be the perfect place to add a pop of color or fun that wouldn’t fit in other rooms. Due to the narrow purpose a mudroom serves, you can get as creative as you like. The freedom you have in choosing a color depends to an extent on the particular room and its layout. It may be necessary for accent colors to reference hues in adjacent spaces. Here are some specific ideas using quality Benjamin Moore Paint:
· For the airy quality only blue can provide, choose Picture Perfect 743. Pair the beachy, aqua shade with creamy white trim and wood accents. This blue shade with a green undertone is excellent for brightening a mudroom that lacks natural light.
· Beach Glass 1564 is a gray shade with an undertone of muted, watery green. The look it creates is more energetic than gray and looks perfect with white trim. Dampened moods on rainy days can be uplifted in a mudroom painted this color.
· Purple Heart 1406 is a classic, elegant paint color that can give your mudroom a unique, fun look that the entire family enjoys visiting upon departure and arrival back home every day.
A Professional Finish
The easiest way to ensure a professional finish in your mudroom is to call the experts at Franklin Painting. Our teams are never outsourced. We sent our highly trained professionals to complete every paint job with efficiency and excellence. Contact Franklin Painting at 860-678-7701 for help with all of your paint projects; our work is always guaranteed.