What are the 5 Most Popular Paint Colors for Homes?
There are a lot of paint colors. So many, in fact, that it’s not always easy to narrow it down when you’re thinking about a fresh coat of paint for your home. Fortunately, over the years professional painters, color consultants and interior designers have learned a thing or two about color and color combinations, making it a little easier to decide on the perfect color scheme.
One thing the pros understand is contrast: paint colors should blend well, from a visual standpoint, and a finished paint job needs to bring together an overall balance of the area(s) just painted. This is accomplished by starting with your “main” color – that which will cover most or all of the walls and possibly the ceilings.
Let’s look at five of the most popular shades homeowners like to use for their larger painted areas. Note that these paints are from Sherwin-Williams, and we’ve included the catalog number in case you want to explore them further with a local Sherwin-Williams dealer.
- Soft Tan. Varieties of tan shades have been go-to-choices for years. Tan produces a calming feeling and is easy to match with a rainbow of trim and accent colors. Pick a true tan in that you’ll find no hints of pink or yellow coming through.
- Light Gray. This is another good neutral shade, and it’s very popular. Gray and the many variants of this color make for awesome contrasting opportunities with trim colors that are as vibrant as you want them to be. Plus gray is a real mood-maker.
- Soft Blue. Beautiful soft blue is a great choice for virtually any room in the house. Softer shades of blue present a feeling of stability and warmth. Though not as matchable with as many colors as gray and tan, you’ll still find many creative and unique contrast shades to liven up your living spaces.
- Soft Green. Soft green is a pleasant, versatile shade that paints a tranquil picture. Also, green is a good selection for homeowners who want some color on their walls rather than a more neutral tan or gray backdrop.
- Ivory. This shade is a popular choice for people who seek just the slightest color-impact on large painted surfaces. Darker than white but softer than tan or yellow, Ivory induces a comfortable feeling and makes selecting accent colors easy.
While these are five of the most popular colors used by homeowners, there really are no rules when it comes to deciding what colors you want to surround yourself with. For guidance in paint color selection or to speak with a professional painter about an upcoming project, call Franklin Painting of Connecticut at (877) 646-7774.
Franklin Painting LLC – Call us Toll Free at 877-646-7774
or at our main office number 860-678-7701
160 Brickyard Road, Farmington, CT 06032